Lenses

There are many things to know about camera lenses but here are 20 things that I have learned about camera lenses. One thing that I have learned is that you can have zooms, primes, macro, super telephoto, and tilt-shift lenses. The second thing that I learned about lenses is that you can also have fisheyes which is a type of lens that gives a 180° field of view and telephoto lenses up to 800mm or more. The third thing that I learned is in order to find the perfect lens is to see what you would like to shoot. The fourth thing that I learned is that there are different lenses that you can use in order to take different pictures such as someone running or someone sitting. The fifth thing that I learned is that less expensive lenses normally have variable apertures which is the zoom and the maximum aperture gets smaller. The sixth thing that I learned is that the more expensive lenses have a fixed aperture which makes it easier. The seventh thing that I learned about lenses is that all major camera and lens manufacturers have a variety of focal lengths to satisfy you and help you take good photos. The eighth thing that I learned about lenses is that for photography for sports you rarely use anything shorter than 70-200 you often use 400mm lenses f/4 lenses. The ninth thing that I learned is that wide angles is good for taking long landscape pictures because it gives a wide expansive view. The tenth thing that I learned about lenses is that a good lens to use for landscape would be ranges from 14mm f/2.8, 16-35 f/2.8, and 24mm f/1.4. The next thing that I learned is that wide lenses should be used when prominent foreground objects are present because many people tend to use it incorrectly. The twelfth thing that I learned is that wide angles are also handy in tight areas, like small rooms, cars, caves, etc. because they tend to give volume into the area. The next thing that I learned is about standard lenses which tend to range from about 35mm up to around 85mm. The fourteenth thing that I learned is that standard lenses will cover moderate wide angles- typically 24mm to 35mm and also moderate telephoto lengths- around 70mm and up to about 105mm. The fifteenth thing that I learned is that standard lenses are good for when you have a bit of room to move around and find a good position to shoot. The next thing that learned is that standard zooms are normally included in many SLR kits that come with lenses. Another thing that I learned about lenses is that some of the popular lenses for standard modes are 18-55mm, 18-135mm, 24-105mm, 24-70mm, and others. The eighteenth thing that I learned is that is that prime lenses are lenses that are just one focal length. The next thing that I learned is that telephoto lenses compress distance which tends to make everything appear closer unlike wide angles which distort perspective and make things look further away. The last thing that I learned about camera lenses is that there are many different lenses that focus on different type of photos that you can take for example some lenses are good for landscape pictures and others are good for moving objects. These are 20 things that I found to be important and that I learned about different types of camera lenses.